Migrating a WordPress site from a remote server to your Hosticko hosting account can be a daunting task, especially if you’re not familiar with the process. However, with Softaculous, a powerful tool available in your cPanel, this process can be simplified. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to use Softaculous to import a remote/Migrate a WordPress installation.
Accessing the Import Page #
- Log into your cPanel account.
- Open Softaculous in cPanel.
- Navigate to the WordPress Softaculous page by either searching for it in the top left bar or opening it from among the top scripts.
- Click on the Import tab on the WordPress Softaculous page.
- Go to the ‘From Remote Server’ tab on the Import page.
Filling in the Correct Information #
You’ll need to provide information for both the source remote server and the destination local server.
Source Remote Server #
- Domain Name: Enter the domain name from where the installation is to be imported. The domain name should not contain http:// or https://.
- Server Host (Optional): Specify the server host if your domain name is not the same as your server host. Generally, the server host is the same as the domain name, so you can leave this blank.
- Protocol: Choose the protocol that you would like to use. This depends on what protocol is supported with your login details. The default is FTP.
- Port: This is the Port to use while connecting to the domain. The default port for FTP is 21.
- FTP Username: Enter the username that you use to connect to your server. If you are using cPanel, enter your cPanel username here.
- FTP Password: Enter the password for the FTP user that you provided above to connect to your server. If you are using cPanel, enter your cPanel password here.
- FTP Path: This is the relative path to the web-accessible directory of your domain, i.e., the path after you log in to your domain with the details you provided above.
Destination Local Server #
- Installation Directory (Optional): Specify the directory name where the installation to be imported is present. Keep this field blank if the installation is made in the /public_html directory.
- Choose Protocol: Choose the protocol that is supported by your server where the installation is to be imported.
- Choose Domain: Enter the domain name where the installation is to be imported to.
- In Directory (Optional): Specify the directory name where you want the installation to be imported to. Keep this field blank if you want your installation to be imported to the /public_html directory.
- Database Name: Specify the Database name where you want the database of the source installation to be imported to.
Once you have filled in all of the needed information, click the ‘Import’ button.
Monitoring the Import #
The import process will carry on in the background once you initiate it. You will receive emails regarding the initiation of the import process. You can view the import progress of the installation by visiting the ‘Task List’ tab.
By following these steps, you can easily migrate your WordPress site from a remote server to your Hosticko hosting account using Softaculous. If you encounter any issues during the process, don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team for assistance.